About Me

Friday 3 May 2013

Honorable Mention in DarkerTimes contest


I happened to write a poem and show it to my editor Mr. Perkins, and immediately he asked, ''Do me a favor?'' I hesitated, but then gave in and asked what it was that he wanted. (He's unpredictable so this could have gone either way lol :P)

He asked me to enter into a contest. I thought he was out of his mind. But, I did it as a favor. The more I thought about it the more anxious I became. I was pretty sure I'd not win, but to at least have the chance to participate in something like this was exciting. So! I did and here it is. I owe it all to Perkins. My annoying editor :P

If anyone of you have yet to try to put yourself out there, you should consider it. Even if you don't win, that isnt the point. You putting yourself out there and daring yourself to be visible even to only judges is a large step.

Here is the link to the site where I joined in the contest. :) I hope you enjoy.

DarkerTimes Contest: Victims of War Poem   <<<click here







5 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. I know you just needed a little push. Of course that sharp knife had its benefits. I am going to keep pushing too, just in case you were wondering. Your poetry is moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That knife was frightening...more so than submitting into a contest. Lol. Thank you for encouraging me to join. It was well worth it. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Jassy. Now, where is your novel? :P

      Delete